The Road Less Traveled

Friday, February 8, 2013

ARC Food & Libations

ARC Food & Libations Restaurant 

CALAMARI  potato. lemon. pepper.

MEATBALLS garlic. whiskey. toast

STEAK potato. citrus. cream.

TART onion. parsley. bacon.


Tonight me and my girlfriend went to the grand opening of ARC Food & Libations restaurant in Costa Mesa, CA.  The restaurant was packed and full of life.  Totally got me stoked about the place right away.  As we waited for my name to be called for seating, we looked around to check out the setup and design of the restaurant.  I must say, they did a really good job with everything.  The restaurant has a warm, rustic feel to it.  Iron, wood, brick, and clay.. those are the elements that describe what surrounds you.

As we got seated at the bar, we ordered some drinks and sat back to enjoy the ambiance of the restaurant.  I would recommend sitting at the bar because it has an open kitchen where you can see everything happening.  Plus it's like sitting in front of a warm fireplace because they got this awesome open flame brick oven that they use to cook the food.

We started off with the Calamari and the Meatballs.  The Calamari comes with potatoes, green peppers with a small kick of spice, and a side of lemon for you to spritz the calamari with.  The Meatballs were cooked in whiskey and garlic with a side of toast.  Both were VERY good.  Then we had the Steak and the Tart.  I'll start with the Tart first and save the best for last.  The Tart is like a pizza. It has cheese, onions and bacon seasoned with some parsley on top.  And the Steak.. my favorite dish of the night, was prepared with potatoes, cream, and a touch of citrus.  Because it was cooked in the open flame brick oven, it made the steak very juicy and flavorful.  Everything we ordered was excellent and definitely different from anything I've ever tried.

So yea, that was my review.  As you can see I never write reviews on my blog.  It's mostly just personal photos that I take, or photos of my work.  But I really enjoyed my experience at ARC.  The atmosphere was good and the food and service was excellent.  I highly recommend if you're in the OC area to stop by and experience the food there.  Shit... even if you're further away.. like in LA.. I'd say it's worth the drive to come down and try it for yourself!


You can visit their website for more information:
http://www.arcrestaurant.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment